This morning Leng Caloh, the Managing Online Editor for KPBS in Southern California, wrote us to let us know that they’re using PBwiki to coordinate reporting on the Southern California wildfires. â€œThe wiki has been a godsend,â€? she said. â€œPBwiki has a great service and it’s helping us to serve the public!â€?
Because it’s such a chaotic situation, we’re offering two weeks of free Platinum wikis for anyone involved with the Southern California wildfires.
PBwiki will provide free public or private wikis to help recovery organizations:
* Provide real time updates to internal staff members
* Collaborate with disaster recovery team members
* Prioritize and coordinate with disaster relief team members on the ground
* Upload videos and photos
* List emergency contacts and their status
PBwiki will provide free public or private wikis to help family members:
* Communicate and update all friends and family from one central location
* Post critical support services contact information
* Network with other neighbors affected by the fire
PBwiki for emergency communications
Check out what one of our PBwiki users, David Stephenson of Stephenson Strategies, said: “Wikis are ideally suited to emergency communications because they allow anyone who knows any aspect of what is happening to contribute that information — and then others can correct it as conditions change.”
Hopefully we can help, even if it’s in a small way.
If you’re involved in the disaster-relief effort, or know someone who is, email email@example.com with the name of your free wiki to be upgraded (on your honor).